Friday, August 29, 2008

Ayurvedic Cooking



Today is my Day 4 at the Ayurvedic Cooking Course. The name being a misnomer, for cooking is only the tip of the iceberg. The workshop is about cooking, eating, thinking – basically living the Ayurveda way.

But, for me this course was actually about being amazed. Firstly, at the recklessness and disregard we show for our bodies. Next, at our absolute ignorance or neglect of fundamental principles of healthy living and eating. Then I was amazed in a good way when I witnessed the most hideous (my personal prejudice against pumpkin, okra etc) being transformed into the most delectable of dishes. The wafting concoction of flavors and aromas has never been so sensuous before. And yes, at the most unconventional, the most healthy and by the mysterious ways of God the most easy methods of preparation and cooking.

At the level of learning, the course illuminates the basic principles of Ayurveda so as to enable out of (good) shape people like me to become healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment