Friday, August 21, 2009

Volunteering Abroad

I was talking to my flatmate today and found out that she is going for a Volunteer Abroad program in October for 3 months. I was intrigued. It seems brilliant. Though you pay for travel and don't get paid for the work you do, but the experience sounds wonderful. It could be one of those life altering expriences which makes you see things in a different way. I looked up some websites and saw there were hundreds of volunteer abroad programs. I was thinking maybe I should do it since I have almost nothing to do after my degree. Or maybe too much to do. I don't know though if my parents will agree. Especially dad. He might not see the point in it at all. I can try nevertheless. I wish to be an AOL teacher soon though. That should give me a lot of opportunities of volunteering. And I might feel slightly wrong if I went volunteering abroad, when there is so much, so so much to be done at home. I don't know. I guess it's the best if I do both, for after all we are a one world family. Plus it will look absolutely superb on my cv. Haha. Well practicality counts too. Having said that, I feel bad that I had to explain myself on the CV part. Cvs do matter and if you want to make a change it is essential to have money along with intention and action. So yes it will be a great experience plus great on my cv. Also it builds character :)

No comments:

Post a Comment